Saturday, October 17, 2015

Savoury Pumpkin Soup

So I currently live and work in Bangladesh. It's taken me a while to get my head around cooking here. Veggies need to be thoroughly cleaned because of the use of pesticides and all kinds of other icky things... I'm nervous about meat that doesn't come from one particular butcher and so on. But today u took a stab at something I've never made before: pumpkin soup. 
I started with 1kg of raw pumpkin and chopped it up. I put this, two whole cloves of garlic and about 1/2 a white onion into a pot with enough water to just cover the veggies. I also threw in a chicken stock cube. Boil until everything is soft and then let it cool. Into the blender it goes until puréed. Final step: add one can of coconut milk, some salt, pepper, dried basil and oregano and bring it back to the boil. Done and delicious!! 


Make enough for about 3-4 servings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment