Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sweet, sweet apple pie.

Canadian Thanksgiving is just around the corner and being in the US (where they celebrate the holiday like nothing I've ever seen) it makes me a little homesick, so I am planning to throw a big dinner for those who are here and make me feel less homesick by being great friends. Today I made the apple pies for dessert. It was just a standard apple pie with a few little tricks that my mom passed on to me. She said to dust the apples with a little flour so that they create a thick sauce when they cook... yum! She also said to do an egg wash on the top crust. But I jazzed it up with a little Mexican vanilla. You should have been in my apartment to smell that!!!!
So next time you make an apple pie, put some vanilla in your egg wash. yum yum!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making my pies today, I just may have to do that!

    ReplyDelete