Sunday, September 27, 2009

Meatloaf

I used ketchup, spicy brown mustard, lean ground beef, lean ground pork, bread crumbs, eggs, 1/4 of a red onion and minced garlic. It is a US favourite and is slowly becoming a favourite for me too. This was not a comfort food for me growing up but I can see how it was for others. Yummy stuff.

Throw everything in a bowl and get to mixing.

I think I needed to use some more bread crumbs in mine as it was very juicy.



To make the glaze for the top of the meatloaf, I used mustard, a little maple syrup, ketchup and brown sugar. The glaze was SCRUMPTIOUS!! Bake until done and serve up with garlic mashed potatoes! So yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Meatloaf is a personal favorite here. During the cooler days, we probably eat meatloaf once a month, switching off recipes to give it a different flavor. Love the sounds of the topping on this one!

    ReplyDelete