Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Crustless Quiche

Okay... the first time I made a crustless quiche is because I was on the Atkins diet and couldn't eat the crust (which was, is and always will be my favourite part of the whole thing). So the first recipe I used was the one in the Atkins book and it was good but I couldn't find the book for when I wanted to make it again, so I looked it up on line (not at Atkins, just good ol'google), made a few changes and kept on cookin'. Here is what I ended up doing:

8 eggs
celery salt (about 1/4 teaspoon)
fresh ground black pepper (you decide how much, I just ground until it looked like enough)
Dill (about 1/2 teaspoon)
Thyme (just a dash)
Flour (1/4 cup)
Grated cheese of your choice (1/2 cup)
Thinly sliced baby zucchini (about 2 of them)
Finely chopped baby portabella mushrooms (1/4 cup-ish)

I added all of it together, whisked it until it was pretty nicely blended and there were no flour lumps and then I poured mine into a mini muffin tin that was greased with olive oil spray, but you could also do it in a regular greased pie tin too. Because mine was in mini muffin tins, I put a thawed frozen cooked shrimp on the top of each one... but you could just sprinkle them all over the top I guess. Then I popped into my oven that was pre-heated to 350 degrees F and cooked it for 30 minutes. It rose up beautifully, was pretty light and tasty.

So there you go, the latest creation from my wee little kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment