Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Baked Brie and stuff...

Okay... the other day I was told that it is my grade level's turn to host the social for the month. Our fearless leader came up with the theme: Nutty for November. You know how cheesy we elementary people can be! haha. Well, it inspired me to make a savory dish with nuts in it. Originally I thought of making a cheese ball rolled in nuts and then I changed my mind to making little individual cheese balls. But then it ALL CHANGED!!! I was looking at the pilsbury website because my lovely friend Katrina sent me there to look at something she or a friend made (sorry, my memory fails me) and I saw a recipe for baked jalapeno brie cheese thingy. I looked, I saw, I decided to tweak. Have a look below and see what I did:


I couldn't find brie in the round, so I decided to use Camembert. I like the taste and it is pretty similar. I also decided to switch out the jalapeno jelly for fresh raspberries and walnuts.

I cut the cheese in half. I rolled out 2 crescent rolls from pilsbury and placed them on a greased cookie sheet and put one half of the cheese on it.


Then it was time to load the bottom half with fresh raspberries (which I kind of squished a little to make them flatter. I think using cranberries would be tasty) and walnuts. Then I topped it with the other half of cheese and put two more rolled out crescent roll dough pieces on top.


The next step is to seal it all up. If you have extra dough, you can cut it off and make adorable cutouts to put on top. I didn't, instead I made it a little thicker around the sides for a thick crust.


Once baked it came out looking like this!!! This is the trial one I made for my lovely lunch group that I eat with each day at school . Can't wait to crack it open and try it. I think with the one I make for school, I will do an egg wash with a touch of vanilla to bring a little sweet into the savory! Serve it up with fresh cut fruit and ENJOY!

HAPPY EATING!!

1 comment: