Thursday, February 18, 2010

Roast and Veggies






Okay, so today I had a half day so that I could go to the dentist for a check up (which went wonderfully well, thanks for asking!) and since I had the time, I decided to cook a roast and some veggies. I bought an angus beef roast (it ended up being kinda grisly but that's not the point), a beef marinade (that I used as a rub), some tri-coloured fingerling potatoes, some baby portobello mushrooms and a small sweet onion. I think I spent about $20 for all the ingredients (thanks to sales).
I took the beef and rubbed it with the marinade before searing it in a pan on the stove. I used vegetable oil to sear it in the pan with. Then I popped it in my trusty pyrex along with the veggies, covered the whole thing with foil and dumped it into a 375 F oven for about 1 1/2 hours. Yum yum!!

Happy Eating!

1 comment: