Saturday, June 12, 2010

Turkey Sliders and Krispy Kale.


I had to start my summer yummies with a little beverage. I took a little white wine, lots of ice, some tonic water, some lemon and some strawberries. Mix it all together and you have a lovely summer spritzer.

Then I used the above ingredients, some mayo, some fresh sage to mix together and grill into turkey sliders. I didn't measure any of the ingredients, but I think I would have chopped the onions smaller so that they would mix in a little better. I found the chunks a little too big and they drove the burger apart as it cooked.
Then I took some kale and ripped it into bit sized pieces, sprayed it with olive oil, lightly salted it and tossed it into the oven at 425 for about 15 minutes or so and it came out krispy and better than chips! What a great way to get some green in your life. My friend, Mary, told me about it and it was AMAZING and will be on the menu often in the future. For those of you moms out there, my friend says her kids LOVE the Krispy Kale.


Yum, yum!! Happy eating!

2 comments:

  1. Is that one of the wine glasses you got when we went to Mexico? I just found the drinking glasses that match during this last move!

    ReplyDelete