Sunday, January 10, 2010

Healthier Choices

One thing I have never been known for in my cooking is being overly health conscious. I cook what I think will taste yummy and will leave a lasting memory. However, this kind of cooking hasn't helped me to have a skinny body! hahaha So in an effort to get healthy, I am trying new ways to cook healthy. I've found great ways to make salads exciting (using salsa instead of dressing) and have taken old favourites and made them healthy. Today I made meatballs. My previous recipe consisted of beef, pork and turkey all together with cheese, breadcrumbs and all kinds of goodies to make a delectable meatballs. But those were calorie loaded and full of fat and carbs: not good for the hips.
So, in order to make it healthy and still yummy I did this:

1 lb 99% fat free ground turkey
1 egg
1 clove crushed garlic
1 scallion chopped up
a little season salt
a little dried, crushed chilies
a little poultry seasoning

I mixed it all together and made little meatballs that I baked in the oven... yum yum!! About 4 meatballs is a serving.

Happy eating!

1 comment: