Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pasta Salad

As I am waiting the week out for my first real pay day here in Turkey, I'm finding the cupboards getting bare and I've gone and invited people to come over and hang out at times that would include the dinner hour... YIKES!! And then I remembered that I can do this... I can make amazing things happen in my kitchen with not that much stuff. So today, I decided to make a simple pasta salad that can be eaten with some of the chicken I have in the freezer...

So, here is how it went down:

I took about 2 cups of penne pasta and cooked in lightly salted and oiled water.

Then in a separate bowl I mixed the following:

1 tsp crushed red chillies
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp dried parsley (although, I think freshly chopped would be much tastier)
2 grated cloves of garlic
2 tbsp freshly chopped dill
1 tsp onion powder (although fresh onions are much better)
1 tsp finely chopped fresh hot green pepper
1 tsp sumac
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

When the pasta was done, I combined the mix and the pasta together and let it marinade over night. Those noodles will soak up all that yummy dressing goodness. If I had it, I would add some fresh cucumbers, tomatoes and olives to give it more of a Mediterranean flavour... and maybe some feta cheese!! yum!! Can't wait to get paid and make it again with those things in it...

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment