Saturday, November 6, 2010

One pot/baking dish.

I think I should rename my blog... really. I love trying to make as few dishes as possible (mostly because I don't have a lot of dishes at my place in Turkey, and the sink is ridiculously small and I just hate to do the dishes). So anyway, the other day I decided to do something a little more involved but kept it to one dish in the oven. It was a simple roast chicken with veggies. But what made it so good was that I used loads of white wine to cook the chicken in. I first chopped and loaded the veggies into the pyrex container and then I laid my little chicken down. I poured wine into the cavity of the bird and then over the top. I added salt, pepper, garlic and thyme and then covered it and toss it all into the oven at 350. The wine really gave a great flavour to the bird and kept it moist. It also gave a nice tang to the veggies and if you wanted, you could have used the juice in the pan to make a lovely gravy (just a thought).


No comments:

Post a Comment