Saturday, April 30, 2011

Stuffed Eggplants



The other day I was really digging my detox diet but had already stopped detoxing.... so I decided that eating healthy is a lifestyle and I wanted to keep on it. Sure, I can have whatever I want but I am going to choose to have healthy foods more often than not and so I made my own version of stuffed eggplant.

Here is how I did it:

I took 2 small eggplants, cut them into halves and then topped off the ends and hollowed them out. I cased them in foil and sprayed them lightly with olive oil and put them in the oven at 350 to baked while I prepared the filling which consisted of:

1 of the eggplant innards all chopped up
1 diced onion
1 cup cooked brown rice (cooked in salted water with olive oil, oregano, garlic and sumac)
1/2 cup cooked bulgher wheat

After about 10 minutes I took the eggplant shells out and put the filling in and topped them with a light cheese and put them back into the oven for about 15 more minutes. Then removed them from the foil and enjoyed. They were great!!!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment