Saturday, April 30, 2011

Thai-tastic!!!!

One of my Turkish friends really likes Thai food and asked if I could cook it (I'd told him that I was a pretty good cook so... ) and I said I could but couldn't get some of the ingredients here. He volunteered to do all the shopping if I'd cook for him and some friends. I readily agreed and planned a pretty good menu that included:

Cucumber Salad
Salad Rolls
Tom Yum Goong (spicy sour shrimp soup)
Pad Thai
Green Curry

He got me nearly everything I needed and wanted and I was able to make some adjustments and substitutions that helped to keep the flavour profile pretty similar and it was tasty... I found my recipes from www.thaitable.com and www.thaifood.about.com for a great green curry paste recipe. Take the risk and make your table Thai-tastic sometime... I had a blast doing it!



Tom Yum Goong... it was so tasty and sour!!

Green Curry... making the paste myself was much easier than I thought! I loved doing it!

Salad Rolls with imitation crab in them... also yummy!

Cucumber Salad...so refreshing!

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite cuisines! We cook Thai at least once or twice every couple of weeks - I have a fantastic South Asian cookbook where I get most of my recipes - Hot Sour Salty Sweet by Jeffrey Alford and Naomi Duguid - Their Chang Mai Curry Noodles is one of my all time favorite recipes - I crave it http://whatcha-eatin.blogspot.com/2010/04/chiang-mai-curry-noodles.html
    This meal you made looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete