Friday, August 21, 2009

Yummy Cod Dinner

I started out with two fillets of cod (they were frozen, not fresh). I added a little pat of unsalted butter per fillet, a little touch of fresh garlic, salt, pepper and fresh dill. Then I closed the foil pocket and threw it into the oven at 375 for about 30 minutes. This keeps the fish from drying out.

A basic tzatziki sauce made with plain, nonfat yogurt, fresh dill, cucumber and garlic. I thought it might be a fun way to dress the potatoes and asparagus.

When the potatoes were almost done boiling in a lightly salted water, I threw the asparagus in to steam in the same water... waste not, want not, isn't that what they say?

This is one of my favourite additions to any yummy meal... a nice glass of a good wine.

And there you have it... the fish, the potatoes, the asparagus and the tzatziki. YUMMY!! I added a little more fresh cracked pepper and sea salt at the end to make sure that all things were seasoned to my taste (and to my final day of salt loading), I know that you will do the same... Enjoy and happy eating!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I liked fish because this looks as if it were very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Switch it up and use chicken... also very yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete