Thursday, September 10, 2009

Perogies

One of the BEST comfort foods ever to me is perogies. The mashed potato and cheddar insides are happiness themselves. However, I really don't do it the traditional way. I don't like to boil and then fry them. It just has the wrong texture to me and seems greasy. I do love the bacon but I do that the way I do the perogies... baked in the oven. This way the shell is chewy and crispy and the bacon isn't super greasy.


I like to make a different little sauce for them too. I use plain fat free yogurt with a touch of thyme, dill and garlic salt. SO yummy and more health conscious than sour cream (although that makes my tummy happy too!!). Happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these, but I love frying them. Bring on the bad fat! You only live once.

    ReplyDelete